In addition to matched multiplayer, Blast Zone! Tournament has Exhibition mode where you’re in total control and can play solo, with buddies on your couch, and with friends around the globe.
Here are the current Exhibition settings:
- Theme (Pirate, Jungle, …)
- Layout (20 layouts for 11×13 and 20 layouts for 11×17)
- Field Size (11×13, 11×17, 21×21)
- Rounds (1, 3, 5, …)
- Number of Teams (FFA, 2, 3, … up to 7)
- Number of Players
- Handicaps (On, Off)
- AI Skill (Rookie, Pro, All Star, Super Star, Hall of Fame)
- Match Type (Knock Out, Team Knockout, Bomb Blast, …)
The theme, layout, and match type can be set to random. And, you can select which themes, layouts, and match types are included in random play. If you set the “Number of Players” set to 8 yet only have 6 real players, then the game will automatically fill in the remaining 2 slots with bots.
The following values can be changed per player:
- Backpack and Gender (outfit customization)
- Team (Red, Blue, …)
- AI Skill Level (only for AIs)
- If Handicaps are enabled, then there are more options
- Lives (1, 3, …)
- Starting Bomb (1 through 9)
- Starting Power (1 through 9)
- Starting Speed (1 through 9)
- Starting Ultimate and # of uses (i.e. unlimited Throws, 3 Punches, 5 Kicks, … or even none)
In addition, there are Match Mutators which change the overall match settings. I’ll list the current match mutators next time.